Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Instructors can clone items/readings from other courses they have taught into a new iteration of a course or other courses that share assigned readings.
Import Readings into A New Course
- Navigate to the Course Reserve page for the Canvas course you wish to import the readings to.
- Click "Add Item" to display the form for adding readings to your course.
- At the top of the "Add Item" page you will see a link to "import materials" from other courses (seen below).
- Clicking this link will bring you to a list of your courses from which you can select which course you want to import a reading from.
- A list of all the readings for that course will appear on screen. (The check boxes next to each reading will be automatically selected. Select "Uncheck All" from the top of the page if you want to start fresh and select only individual readings from the list.)
- When you are done selecting the items you want to import into your course, click the "Import Items" button at the bottom of the list.
- The status next to an imported item will read "Awaiting Review by Staff", and will not be visible to students, until Course Reserves staff have reviewed the copyright allowances for each item and approved them.